I can’t remember where I read this originally, but here’s a cure for aching legs and throbbing feet: tea soaks.
- One large plastic wash basin
- Cheap tea leaves (I use jasmine)
The steps are simple:
- Scoop a generous handful of tea leaves into the basin.
- Run tap water until it’s scalding hot and fill up the basin, or just fill it up with boiled water.
- Wait for the water to cool slightly — only slightly — while it soaks up the tea leaves.
- Place feet inside basin and sit there, occasionally flexing your toes, until you feel better. (This is most convenient when done inside a bathtub.)
Alternatively, you can also buy these ‘resting time neat foot’ patches from Amazon, which I discovered on my trip to Japan last year. But the tea soak thing feels more therapeutic.